Abigail's Petshop plugin for Morrowind
Current version: 5.5
You can mail your comments to:
Table of Contents
This mod adds in Seyda Neen a vendor who sells various kinds of pets (over 110) to you. The pets will fight for you (Wolf, Bear, etc.) or carry things for you (PackGuar & PackRat), and surely you can sell them back. Nearly all of them can gain experience and level up BY THEMSELVES. (See Combat System below)
All pets can be commanded to follow you, stay, or go around, and you can heal injured pets if you have bought some herbs. (Big animals need more herbs) You can also see the status report of your pets.
New follow system has been added, so your pets won¡¦t get lost now.
Two useful spells - "Teleport pets" & ¡§Travel¡¨. ¡§Teleport pets¡¨ can teleport your pet to your current place. (Teleport the pet which is following you only, and same cell only.) And ¡§Travel¡¨ can teleport you and your pets to 30+ locations in game.
The vendor also sells some books, and you can buy and have a look if you want to know your pets more.
Three quests are added in this mod, you'll get a unique pet (dragon, unicorn) if you complete Quest 1 or 2, and will find the Guarland to tame guars in Quest3.
Animals, which have more than one type: (Abigail will random choose one when you buy.)
Almost all the pets in this mod can level up, you can check in this table:
If unfortunately the enemy kills your pets, don¡¦t be too sad, because you can resurrect them!
How to do that?
Here¡¦s the short intro for the quests:
After you extract the file, you¡¦ll see four .esp files:
¡¸Clean Abigail's Petshop_v5.5.esp ― Use this if you don¡¦t have particular reason.
¡¸Clean Abigail¡¦s Petshop_v5.5_NG.esp ― Use this if you want your babies remain small and cute. Yeah,
that means babies won¡¦t grow up and don¡¦t have max-level
¡¸Clean Abigail¡¦s Petshop_v5.5_SN_E.esp― Use this if you want to use Seyda Neen Expanded or Seyda
Neen Docks (By Lonnie) together.
Above three .esp files, choose one to play.
¡¸Q-Guarland.esp ― (Optional) If you wanna play the guarland quest, use this together.
If you¡¦re the first time using this mod, just unrar the files into the Morrowind\Data Files\ directory, enable the plugin using the Morrowind Launcher, and PLAY!
If you¡¦ve installed the previous version of this mod, please clean your save before you install v5.5, or it may cause some problem. (Go into an interior cell, save your game, Exit MW. Uncheck the previous version of this mod in Data Files\, load the save you just made. Ignore the error messages, and save your game again.)
Note: After you installed this mod, several dialogue warnings will appear when you play MW every time. That's normal, and none of these errors affects gameplay. That's because Tribunal and Bloodmoon master files are designed to only be dependent on the Morrowind master file, not each other.
When your pets are leveling up or when the unicorn is casting the spell, some warnings will appear, too. That won¡¦t affect gameplay, either.
But these warnings are annoying, so I highly recommend you to edit your Morrowind.ini file (In Morrowind\) by adding this line:
(In the [General] section)
1. Add 32 more animals - 3 donkeys, 5 horses, 3 pack donkeys, 2 donkey foals, 5 more ducks, 5 more geese, 2 turkeys, crab, hermit crab (Cait's models), tortoise (Ty's model), shark (Lady E's model), horker, mudcrab, and boar.
2. New follow system; your pets won't get lost anymore.
3. Use Cait's new chicken, duck & goose models.
4. All the pets can be resurrected now!
1. Pets can gain exp and level up by themselves now!
2. Add three more animals - Arctic Wolf, Cliff Racer and Unicorn! (Also use Lady E's wonderful model.)
3. Much more detailed health report.
4. Compatible with Seyda Neen Expanded or Seyda Neen Docks now.
1. Add a quest, and you'll get a pet dragon if you finish it.
2. Add many farm animals - using Cait's farm animal mod. (Nearly all of them have more than one type)
3. You can sell the pet back to Abigail now!
1. Move a little.
2. Put some flowers, I think it looks more beautiful now.
1. More animals for you to buy. (Elephant, snakes (3 types), and wasp, using Lady E's models.)
Lady Eternity, for all her wonderful models.
Cait, for all the farm & sea animals, Great work!
WormGod, for the awesome dragon model.
1. If you want to be a mage, I suggest you to complete Quest2 then get the unicorn, or buy the horker to be your companion. Unicorn immune to all the magic, and horker immune to forest. Other pets may not be suitable for mages.
2. Don¡¦t bring your cliff racer or baby dragon into the house or the dungeon, or they'll stick in the ceiling or the wall! (And seems can't be teleported.)
3. Don¡¦t put the shark on the ground¡KI think everyone knows why. Besides, if you want to put it into the water, please use 1st person mode, that¡¦s because if you use 3rd person mode, sometimes the shark will disappear, especially when you¡¦re diving or floating on the water. I don¡¦t know what cause this problem¡K
4. If your pet flees in the battle, they'll still get experience! L
That's because I don't know how to detect they're fleeing or not by script. If anybody knows, please tell me how to do it.
5. I still have no idea how to stop pack animals using potions or scrolls in the battle, either! L
The same, if anybody knows, please tell me. (Use ¡§stopcombat¡¨ in script will cause some problem¡K)
6. I hope there¡¦s no bug in this mod, but it may still have some. If you found any bug, please tell me. J
7. You can¡¦t ride the horse or the donkey in my mod. If you want to ride the horse, I recommend the mod ¡V If wishes were horses.
Politica de confidentialitate