AMERICAN LANGUAGE COURSE PLACEMENT TEST
ALCPT FORM 2R
PART I - LISTENING
Directions for questions 1-25. You will hear questions on the test tape. Select the one correct answer a, b, c, d and mark your answer sheet. DO NOT WRITE ON THE TEST BOOKLET.
Directions for questions 26-50. You will hear statements on the test tape. Select the one correct answer a, b, c, d and mark your answer sheet.
Directions for questions 51-60. You will hear dialogs on the test tape. Select the one correct answer a, b, c, d and mark your answer sheet.
THIS IS THE END OF THE LISTENING PART OF THE TEST.
PART II - READING
Directions for questions 61-100. Select the correct answer a, b, c, d and mark your answer sheet. DO NOT WRITE ON THE TEST BOOKLET.
61. Did Bart see
a) was saw
b) had seen
c) was seen
d) did see
62. Select the correct sentence.
a) Can you tell me where the post office is?
b) Can you tell me where is the post office?
c) Can you tell me the post office is where?
d) Where the post office is you can tell me?
63. Jim`s conduct was good.
64. I think Harry will choose the correct answer.
65. I can`t go with you ________ I am busy.
66. I like to read _________ when I have time.
b) the piano
d) the garden
67. We got the repairman __________ our television last week.
c) to fix
d) was fixing
68. I have been in the Language school ________ six weeks.
69. The trouble __________ by the mechanic.
a) was located
c) was locating
d) was to locate
70. The doctor will see us as soon as he __________
c) will be able
71. Tom abandoned his car when he had the accident.
a) held on to
72. We welcome the New Year ________ a lot of noise.
73. This device is used for drilling metal.
b) making holes in
d) fastening parts to
74. John was _________ English yesterday.
d) has studied
75. How ___________ tea do you drink every day?
b) a lots of
d) cups of
76. Dan performed his mission satisfactorily.
77. Do you ever go to the movies? No, I __________ go to the movies.
78. The brakes need _________.
d) on adjust
79. When the teacher came into the room, I ___________ .
b) am talking
c) can talk
d) was talking
80. If I had more time, I _________ him a letter.
a) have written
b) would write
d) will have written
81. Would you mind if I turned on the T.V.?
82. They will have a holliday _____________ work next Monday.
83. In this book the author narrates most of the important historical events.
b) inquires about
d) tells about
84. This kind of weather is typical for this part of the country.
85. How far is it to school?
a) The school is three miles from here.
b) Classes begin at eight o`clock.
c) Only young children go to school here.
d) The school is closed for the day.
86. The name of the last month of the year is_____________.
87. Select the correct sentence.
a) I should take to town which bus?
b) Should I take to town which bus?
c) Which bus should I take to town?
d) Which should I take bus to town?
88. I`d like to have this suit _________ at your special price.
a) to clean and to press
b) cleaned and pressed
c) cleaning and pressing
d) cleans and presses
89. Hart and Schaffner __________ since two o`clock.
a) are waiting here
b) wait here
c) has waited here
d) have waited here
90. The teacher is sitting _________ her desk.
91. Either he __________ she is planning to attend the meeting.
ALCPT- FORM 2R
92. Select the correct sentence.
a) Accident are a constant worry for the commander.
b) Accident are for the commander a constant worry .
c) For the commander are a constant worry accidents .
d) A constant worry are accidents for the commander.
93. He had to leave early, so he ___________ wait for us.
a) shall not
94. When you are talking on the telephone, the operator sometimes interrupts you.
b) cuts in on
95. This plane differs from that one in two ways.
a) be the same as
c) is unlike
a) city with a harbor
c) city near a creek
d) tourist attraction
97. A pilot must hold the stick _____________.
98, 99. 100 -lipsa.
CORRECT ANSWERS -FORM 2R