1. Neither... nor...- ani... ani...
Neither Peter nor his wife knew what to do.
He can neither speak French nor use a computer.
They neither knew what to do nor were wil 22422s1822w ling to help.
Neither Pamela nor Grace is suitable for the job.
2. Both... and...- zarówno... jak i...
Both Peter and his wife can speak French.
He could both speak French and use a computer.
3. Either... or...- albo... albo...
Either you apologise or I'll never speak to you again.
4. So that/in order that
I'm buying my daughter a flat so that she won't have to rent one when she's a student- kupuję córce mieszkanie, żeby nie musiała go wynajmować, kiedy będzie na studiach
You should take the early train so that you won't be late.
The parents are going away so that the kids will feel free.
5. The fact that- to, że...
We had to set another meeting owing to the fact that Lisa couldn't stay longer that day.
In spite of the fact that Joe has lived here for two years, he doesn't speak the language.
The fact that statue weights over a ton doesn't mean it can't be moved- to, że posąg waży ponad tone, nie oznacza, że...
6. Apart from- poza, oprócz, z wyjątkiem
Apart from being the most senior officer in the base, he's an expert in psychological warfare.
Apart from the fact that he is the most senior...
7. The __er... the__er...- im (bardziej/dłużej, itp.) ... tym...
8. No matter what- bez względu na to, co...
1. Feel like- mieć na coś ochotę
Do you feel like a cup of tea?
I don't feel like going to the beach.
2. It's time, it's high time- czas, najwyższy czas
It is high time you started studying for your test- najwyższy cza, żebyś zaczął...
It;s time she made up her mind- czas, żeby się zdecydowała
3. Make sure- upewnić się; assure- upewnić kogoś o czymś
First I made sure I was alone.
Make sure that the money will be sent back.
He assured me the money would be sent back.
4. Let... know- dać znać, zawiadomić
Please let me know as soon as you get the results.
5. Can't help -ing- nie móc powstrzymać (się, żeby...)
I couldn't help feeling sorry for her- nie mogłem jej nie współczuć.
I couldn't help turning my head to look at her again.
6. What... like?- pytania o wygląd
What does she look like?
What is she like?
What does she look like?
What was it like to be the youngest boy at the camp?
How was it like at the camp?
6. Had better + infinitive- sugestia lub rada
You'd better go now; the road may be icy- lepiej już jedź; na drodze może być lód
I'd better not to tell the boss; he would be furious
1. Shall we/I?
- Shall używane w pytaniach jest ofertą zrobienia czaegoś:
Shall I bring you something to read?
- Shall we?- jest propozycją wspólnego (ty i ja) podjęcie decyzji
Where shall we go for lunch?
- Question Tag
Let's do it tomorrow, shall we?
W powyższych przykładach shall nie może być zastąpione przez will!!!
Politica de confidentialitate