Exercitii cu verbe modale
1. He could swim. He will be able to swim. 2. I had to go. I will have to go. 3. You were allowed/permitted to leave. You will be allowed/permitted to leave. 4. She could lend. She will be able to lend. 5. The child was allowed/permitted to have. The child will be allowed/permitted to have. 6. You were not allowed/permitted to smoke. You will not be allowed/permitted to smoke. 7. I couldn't translate. I won t be able to translate. 8. Could you help? Will you be able to help? 9. You didn't have to do. You won't have to do. 10. Was I not allowed/permitted to walk? Shall I be not allowed/permitted to walk? 11. He was not allowed/permitted to com 242f54c e. He won't be allowed/permitted to com 242f54c e. 12. I had to learn. I will have to learn. 13. You were not allowed/permitted to speak. You won't be allowed/permitted to speak. 14. I had to look up. I will have to look up. 15. She could play. She will be able to play. 16. Could Jane type? Will Jane be able to type? 17. Could he speak? Will he be able to speak? 18. Everybody was allowed/permitted to borrow. Everybody will be allowed/permitted to borrow. 19. Did you have to be? Will you have to be? 20. He could read and write. She will be able to read and write.
1. John must have been. 2. It can t have been. 3 It might have rained. 4. He must have been delayed. 5. You might have written. 6. You should have visited. 7. He ought to have told. 8. You might have changed. 9. He may have been. 10. It can't have been. 11. He should have gone. 12. You can't have been. 13. You might have paid. 14. You needn't have done. 15. You can't have seen. 16. He needn't have bought. 17. He must have been. 18. It must have been. 19. You shouldn't have gone. 20. John could have been.
1. can. 2. can. 3. can. 4. can't. 5. can't. 6. can.
l. He must think. 2. He must be older.
3. You must have left your umbrella. 4: She must be a very good doctor. 5. It
must have taken a long time. 6. He must have come home. 7. This must be the
best. 8. You must have known the lesson. 9. He must have been late. 10. You
must have forgotten.
1. She may/might be very late. 2. It may/might be a good one. 3. It may/might rain. 4. I may/might come home. 5. She may/might have been angry. 6. A good knowledge of English may/might help you. 7. He may/might have been right. 8. He may/might have done. 9. She may/might have returned. 10. She may/might have been out.
1. It can't be his fault. 2. It can't have been his fault. 3. He can't have passed. 4. She can't have got. 5. The weather can't change. 6. He can't be at the office. 7. She can't have learned English. 8. She can't have married. 9. This can't be a true story. 10. You can't miss the train.
1. needn't. 2. needn't. 3. mustn't. 4. needn't. 5. mustn't. 6. mustn't. 7. needn't. S. mustn't. 9. mustn't. 10. needn't.
l. should. 2. would. 3. would. 4. should. 5. would. 6. would. 7. would. 8. should. 9. should. 10. would.
1. will. 2. will. 3. will. 4. shall. 5. shall. 6. shall. 7. will. 8. will. 9. will. 10. shall.
1. didn't need to answer. 2. needn't have answered. 3. didn't need to buy. 4. needn't have lent. 5. didn't need to wait. 6. didn't need to see. 7. needn't have got up. 8. needn't have waited. 9. needn't have written. 10. needn't have bought.
1. can't have rained. 2. must have left. 3. can't have left. 4. can't have seen. 5. can't have done. 6. can't have swum. 7. must have been. 8. needn't have lent. 9. must have been. 10. must have taken.
1. Sensuri posibile: "Do you think he will try to enter the faculty?", "Do you think he will marry that girl?" etc.
1. All the students can and must write this paper. 2. You will have to help me more today. 3. 1 am sure I will be able to find time to help you. 4. The teacher told me I might skip the next class. 5. I could play the piano when I was a child. 6. I can't knit. 7. You may ring me up more often when you know I am ill. 8. All the children ought to/should do some housework. 9. I ought to/should have read the bibliography for the seminar. 10. Everybody shall be present at the meeting. 11. I will have to leave soon. 12. You needn't carry your luggage in the station yourself; a porter could help you. 13. I must change my shoes when I enter the house because they are full of mud. 14. Need we walk up to the chalet? 15. No, we may/might take the bus or the ski-lift. 16. I didn't need to ring up Jane in order to speak to her, because she was to come to my place in half hour's time. 17. You needn't have made coffee for me. I have already drunk two, today. 18. I didn't need to say "thank you" when I found out the exact time by dialing number 958, as I knew the information was recorded on tape. 19. The teacher can't/couldn't have been satisfied with this answer. 20. You can't/couldn't have been at home last night, I rang you up and nobody answered. 21. I must have been still at the faculty. 22. I asked to speak to the manager but he wouldn't come to the phone. 23. You ought to/should have insisted. 24. Why did you speak so loud? Somebody might have heard you. 25. I promise you, you shall have the book tomorrow. 26. You can't have found the door open. I had locked it myself 27. Where shall we go now? 28. Tomorrow I will have to mail the letter. 29. Will you, please, wait for a few minutes? 30. You may not speak during the exam.
Politica de confidentialitate