* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 pounds ground pork
* 1 1/2 cups beef stock
* 3 small onion, chopped
* 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup chopped celery
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup chopped parsley
* 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon water
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook pork, breaking up with spoon, for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain fat.
2. Stir in stock, onions, garlic, mushrooms, celery, salt, cinnamon, pepper, savory, and cloves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer for 35 to 45 minutes, or until 2 tablespoons liquid is left. Stir in fresh bread crumbs and parsley. Taste, and adjust the seasoning to your liking. Cover, and refrigerate until cold. The filling can be stored for up to one day.
3. Roll out pastry to about 1/8 inch thickness, and fit to pie plate. Spoon filling into shell. Roll out top pastry. Moisten rim of pie shell with water. Cover with top pastry, pressing edges together to seal. Trim and flute pastry edge. Beat egg with water, and brush over the top pastry. Cut steam vents in top.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.